My OPT is Almost Over, What Are My Options?

Is your OPT (Optional Practical Training) near expiration and you don’t know what to do?
OPT allows students (F-1) to work for a year in an area, related to their field of study. Once the year is up, students have a 60 day grace period.
However, students have many employment based visas available to them, such as the H1-B and the O-1.
The H-1B is the visa for a speciality occupation. It is a lottery based visa, for employment for one employer.
However, the O-1 (also known as the extraordinary ability visa or the artist visa) is more flexible and allows for employment for either one employer or multiple employers.
If you are ready to explore your options, call The Law Office of Elektra B. Yao. We have worked with countless students to make their dream come true of working professionally in the US.

Elektra B. Yao is a multilingual Immigration Attorney and the owner of The Law Office of Elektra B. Yao. You can contact her at (917)587-9189 and at Please visit her website at