You can protect yourself from an immigration raid!
If ICE agents or police come to detain or arrest you at your home, do not let them in unless they present a valid warrant with your name on it that is signed by a judge.
- You do not have to answer any questions asked by the immigration/police official. If they insist, ask to speak with your immigration attorney.
- You do no not tell the immigration/police official your country of origin, nationality or immigration status.
- You can ask to speak to an immigration attorney.
- You do not need sign any papers. If an officer tries to convince you to do so, ask to speak with your immigration attorney.
- You need to remain calm and ask to speak with your immigration attorney.
- You should ask for the name of the federal agency that detained or arrested you.
If you or a loved one has been detained or arrested by ICE agents or the police, please call The Law Office of Elektra B. Yao.
Elektra B. Yao is a multilingual Immigration Attorney and the owner of The Law Office of Elektra B. Yao. You can contact her at (917)587-9189 and at Elektra@yaofirm.com. Please visit her website at www.yaofirm.com